Information for new craft stall and shop applicants and criteria
Alford Craft Market is a non-profit making organisation, run solely by volunteers. For the last 44 years its aim has been to promote, encourage and foster the genuine arts and crafts of Alford and the surrounding area. Our main events are held on the May and August Bank Holidays where live music, entertainment, workshops and demonstrations play a big part. We also hold Easter and Christmas markets, as well as Tuesday markets from mid July to late August. Various other external events are also attended by Alford Craft Market, and of course, there is our Alford Craft Market Centre for shopping, craft classes and taster sessions.
Some of the member benefits
- Trade with other like-minded people and quality crafts
- Increase trading opportunities
- Well publicised events (up to 5,000 leaflets per event)
- Updates on other events within the area (email only)
- Web presence - members details on our website
- Support and encouragement from our experienced members
Please remember that this is for handmade original art and craft only. If you are a new applicant please send us images of your designs or work via email, along with your name and contact details and a little bit of information about your work.
We need this in an endeavour to retain the quality and originality of Alford Craft Market. Below are the criteria that all new applicants must meet.
- All items must be made to a good standard.
- Must involve a skill or original idea and be of your own design.
- No bought in ready-to-use components.
- No computer downloaded artwork or craft kits.
- All items must be handmade by you.
- Preferably you should be based in Lincolnshire.
If it is deemed that closer inspection is required to ascertain any detail that photos cannot provide, the applicant will be contacted and invited to a viewing session.
Joining Alford Craft Market cost £10 a year to support 5 events a year. You can also choose to become an associate member at no cost to give us a try with slightly increased charges for bookings.