Review October 2024
The Information We Collect
When you buy an item, book a class, become a stallholder, tutor or performer, or join a mailing list, either through our website or at the Alford Craft Market Shop, we collect the following personal information from you:-
- home address
- email address
- telephone number
- parental details for children attending craft courses
- payment and credit / debit card information including the card number, expiry date, and CVV code
- stall holder Risk Assessment and Public Liability documents
We sometimes take photographs and / or videos at classes and events. Those taking images will always ask for consent and will not capture images which identify people without this. Consent will also be sought for images to be shared on the Alford Craft Market website, social media pages or promotional materials. For children under 13, parental consent will be sought.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information you provide to deliver and maintain our services to you as follows:
- To Take Payments.
When you buy an item, book a class or book a stall, we record your booking and payment on our electronic system. This information is encrypted and sent to your card network. Our card service providers Stripe/Square and Worldpay store the last four digits of your card number and your card issuer’s name. When you buy something at the Alford Craft Market Shop using the card machine, the provider will notify us of the payment that includes your name and the amount paid. This record is available to us electronically if needed i.e. for a refund.
- To Communicate with You
- Members of the Public via Google ACMC mailbase – We will email you about our classes, shop and events. You can “Unsubscribe” via the link in the email. email@example.com.
To post to this group, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
- Approved craftspeople mailing list – we will email you about future events, stall bookings and site set up. You can unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to Alford Craft Market, c/o 10 Station Road, Alford, Lincs. LN13 9HY
- Volunteer mailing list – we will email you about rotas and meetings. You can unsubscribe by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to Alford Craft Market, c/o 10 Station Road, Alford, Lincs. LN13 9HY
- Tutor mailing list – we will email you about future classes and events. You can unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com or writing to Alford Craft Market, c/o 10 Station Road, Alford, Lincs. LN13 9HY
- Committee Members – we hold names and contact details for Committee Members to email meeting papers, dates and information between meetings.
- To support our marketing activity.
Photos and videos from events may be used with consent on our website, social media pages and paper flyers for future activities.
How Information is Stored and Deleted
The data we hold is carefully controlled by Alford Craft Market’s Secretary and is not available to anyone else. Information is stored electronically, password and AVG protected.
- Paper card machine print outs are stored securely for one year and then destroyed.
- Google mailing list: names are removed when the sender is notified of bounce backs by the email provider. Individuals may unsubscribe themselves using the link in the email.
- List of approved makers, sellers, tutors, performers, stallholders, volunteers, committee members and publicity contacts. This is refreshed every 5 years.
- Paper stall booking forms are shredded at the end of each year.
How Information Is Shared.
- Financial Information – your personal information is only shared with card processing organisations for the purpose of processing your payment.
- Course bookings - your name and contact details are only shared with your tutor.
- For children’s craft classes we record the child’s name and the name and contact details of the parent or responsible person so that they can be contacted in case of emergency.
- Group emails – in any groups email, all recipient email addresses are hidden.
- Shop sales figures – these are shared with the Committee to aid business decision-making.
- For legal reasons or to prevent harm - we may preserve or disclose information to comply with an investigation into an illegal activity, fraud, abuse or the physical safety of any person.
Your Rights To Access and Control Your Personal Data
You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information, to correct errors, and to erase your personal data. You can also ask us to restrict the processing of your data or to transfer the information you gave us to another organisation in certain circumstances. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Alford Craft Market, c/o 10 Station Road, Alford, Lincs. LN13 9HY and we will complete your requests within 30 days.
This Policy is available on our website and in The Alford Craft Market Shop. It is reviewed every 2 years or sooner if there are changes to legislation. If you have questions, suggestions, concerns or complaints about this policy or our use of your information, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at Alford Craft Market, c/o 10 Station Road, Alford, Lincs. LN13 9HY
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data, at:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline Number 03031231113