A Taster Day – Collagraph Printmaking with Sinclair Ashman on Wednesday 22nd September, 2021 10.30 – 4.30pm
A fascinating day of making unique and colourful ink-on-paper prints using the simple ‘collagraph’ method. Printing plates are made by fixing materials onto a board, into which you can make marks with your hands or various metal or plastic tools. The plates are then inked using your choice of colours and printed using a small press.
At the end of the day you will have 10 or more prints of approx. 21 x 15cms, a number of printing pates that you can use again, and a knowledge of the collagraph method that you can use in the future. You can frame the prints as Christmas presents, apply them to blank card fronts for greetings cards or just keep them for yourself!
The day will be divided like this:
Morning: 10.30 – 12.30
– introduction to collagraph printmaking, including an explanation and practical demonstration of the process in action
– see some of the materials used, and a number of finished prints brought by Sinclair
– make 3 or more printing plates that you will print in the afternoon session
Lunch break: 12.30 – 1.30
Afternoon: 1.30 – 4.00
– printing your plates in various colours
Session conclusion: 4.00 – 4.30
– workshop summary
– ‘show and tell’ for everyone and their prints
– clean up and session end
Tea, coffee and biscuits supplied - please bring a packed lunch.