Make a Spring Fascinator with Yvonne Cunnington on Friday 19th April, 2024 10.30 - 2.30pm
Includes all materials. 4 places.
In this workshop you will learn how to make a sinamay fascinator from scratch, and take it away with you at the end of the class to wear at your own special event/wedding/garden party etc.
- You will learn how to edge and manipulate your two sinamay triangles to create your fascinator shape with the help of steam, and then sew these together.
- You will learn how to make a flower by sewing and steaming sinamay shapes to form your petals.
- You will then attach a bias strip of sinamay (already prepared my me) to the underside of your fascinator.
- You will then sew your sinamay flower to your fascinator.
- You will then attach some goose Biot feathers to your piece.
- And finally, using the bias strip of sinamay on the underside of your fascinator, you will slide a silk covered headband through this, to enable you to position the fascinator wherever you like on the headband.
Please bring your own steam iron and let us know what colour sinamay you would like and your hair colour,, on booking in the notes field at checkout.